What do you need to be successful in this role?
- You have completed or are currently enrolled in a Master of Information, Master of Archival Studies, or Master of Library Science program specializing in Archives and Records Management and have demonstrated a good understanding of the related concepts, theory and best practices.
- You are detail-oriented, organized with a high degree of accuracy, have an ability to work well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and adhere to deadlines with effective time management skills.
- You are passionate and a self-starter with a willingness to learn who can work independently or as part of a team.
- You have demonstrated problem-solving, judgment capabilities, customer service, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
Records & Information Management (RIM) works to ensure that the OSC meets legislative and business requirements by providing guidance and support to all business areas. Responsible for the development of strategies and the continuous improvement of recordkeeping practices across the organization, RIM collaborates with key stakeholders to develop, assess, plan, implement and evaluate opportunities to support our objectives to manage records in electronic and other formats.As the Records and Information Management Summer Student, you will provide support to the unit in areas such as implementing record retention schedules on historic records series and assisting with the development of processes to manage electronic records. Your summer placement experience will also involve providing support for daily activities as required. You will have experience researching and analyzing information, determining the most effective means to organize your time, document your results, and meet required goals.